The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) went live in May of 2018 and it has the entire planet in a stir. Why? Because no matter where you live, if you do business with a company in the European Union and you’re not compliant, you could face massive fines and lawsuits if you breach one of its tenants.
In this episode of Convergence Radio; “The GDPR Is Live, Are You Ready?”; we met up with prominent European figures in the office equipment space to get their take on the GDPR to discuss what we all need to be ready for and what it all means. Our guests include:
- Dan Taylor, Director EMEA Managed Services at HP
- Petra Diener, Co-Founder, 3 Across The Sea
- Louella Fernandes, Research Director, Quocirca
- Edwin Jongsma, Commercial Director at Xtandit B.V.
Some highlights from our conversation:
- Why the GDPR was started in the first place
- What kinds of fines could face those who breach GDPR tenants
- What has happened since its launch in May of 2018
- The extent of compliance to date
- How it affects the importance of securing paper as well as digital data
- GDPR education and the opportunity it presents for dealers and their customers
The GDPR is one of the most important changes to data protection since the introduction of the internet and our guests offer some incredible insights on what you need to know to comply and even create new opportunities with. You can access the podcast here:
Care to learn more about the GDPR? Check out these useful links: